"New Year; New Me" month is upon us! For the next few weeks, I'll be sharing recipes that are a little more mindful of leading a balanced lifestyle. Asparagus is pretty widely available in most supermarkets and green grocers. One of the reasons I love these nimble stalks of green goodness is because they hardly need anything done to them in order to taste great! Today's recipe ensures that your craving for crisps are satiated with a more nutritious type of crunchy snack.
Prep+cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 3-4 portions
- 500g asparagus, washed, dried and white stem removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- a liberal pinch of dried chilli flakes and sesame
1) Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Prepare your asparagus spears by cutting off the tough ends.
2) Spread on a roasting tray and drizzle olive oil along with the garlic and seasoning. Toss them so they are evenly coated and make sure they sit as a single layer.
4) Roast for 10 minutes until the tips are slightly brown and tender. Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately!