While the British weather may be nothing like the simmering Indian summer, I like to remain optimistic- you never know! There's nothing more synonymous with sunshine and summer than a barbecue. Today's recipe is one that can be made on a grill; in the garden or in the oven!
Servings: enough marinade for 3 corns
Prep+cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 fresh ears of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large lime or lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
1) Remove leaves and unwanted hairs; wash corn and leave to one side
2) In a pan of hot water, boil the corn for up to 10 minutes. This is an optional step but reduces the time corn spends on a grill (and avoids burning to a crisp!)
3) In a bowl, mix the mustard oil with the spices. Squeeze the lime juice in and use the rind as a brush.
4) Brush the boiled sweetcorn with the spicy oil before placing on the barbecue or oven grill for 5 minutes, rotating occasionally.